2018 Board Membership
Join the Board
Applications to Join the Board are now closed. Elections will take place July 16, 2018.
Read below for process, timeline, and application.
Serving on the Board of Directors is a rewarding volunteer opportunity. As a member, individuals have the opportunity to help navigate and oversee the organization’s mission and goals for the district and community. To serve as a Board member, individuals must be a property owner (7 seats), business owner (3 seats), resident (3 seats) within the District boundaries, or an 'at-large' (2 seats) representative. ‘At-Large’ seats can be resident, business owner, property owner, or community member (not bound by district boundary) serving to further the TLCBD's Core Purpose of Leading the evolution of the Tenderloin into a vibrant community for ALL.
Becoming a Board member, at the minimum, obligates you to at least 4-6 hours of Board and Committee meetings per month for two years, plus proactive volunteer work on behalf of the organization in resource development, outreach/community liaison, and commitment to special projects. Please note the Board attendance policy: Two (2) unexcused and three (excused) absences in a year of a full board meeting(s) could prompt an Executive Committee review and recommendation for removal from Board membership.
Board Election Procedure and Timeline
1. Application Period Opens May 2nd: posted on website, Tenderloin Talk e-newsletter, and shared during community events.
2. June 15, 2018: Board of Director applications due
3. June 22, 2018: The Board will be notified of the eligible applicants and the interview schedule, 20 days prior to annual meeting on July 16, 2018.
4. June 25-July11, 2018: The Board will conduct interviews of eligible applicants.
5. July 16, 2018: Board elections held. Each currently seated board member shall have one vote for each position to be filled. Votes must be cast in person. The candidate receiving the highest number of votes in each category shall be elected.
- 3 Property Owner within the District seat
- 1 Resident within the District seat
- 1 Business Owner within the District seat
- 2 At-Large Community Member seats
Apply for the Board
Return the completed application via email to to email@example.com or print out and drop off/mail to the TLCBD office at 512 Ellis Street San Francisco, CA 94109. Applications are also available for pick up at the office.
All applications are currently closed and will open again at the next cycle.
Questions or to just say hello, click HERE.