2017 Board Membership
Applications for the current open board seat are now closed. We are thankful to all that applied.
The following applicants (listed alphabetically by last name) are eligible for consideration and will be voted on at the upcoming TLCBD board of directors meeting on January 29th.
Serving on the Board of Directors is a rewarding volunteer opportunity. As a member, individuals have the opportunity to help navigate and oversee the organization’s mission and goals for the district and community. To serve as a Board member, individuals must be a property owner (7 seats), business (4 seats), resident (3 seats), or 'at-large' (1 seat) representative within the District boundaries. One ‘at-large’ seat can be resident, business, property owner, or community member with direct ties to the Tenderloin.
Becoming a Board member, at the minimum, obligates you to at least 4-6 hours of Board and Committee meetings per month for two years, plus proactive volunteer work on behalf of the organization in resource development, outreach/community liaison, and commitment to special projects. Please note the Board attendance policy: Two (2) unexcused and three (excused) absences in a year of a full board meeting(s) could prompt an Executive Committee review and recommendation for removal from Board membership.
Board Election Procedure…
1. Application Period Opens: posted on website and Tenderloin Talk, October, 2017
2. Director Applications Due: December 18th, 2017
3. The Board will conduct interviews of eligible applicants
4. The Board will be notified of the eligible applicants and the interview schedule.
5. Names of all eligible applicants will be posted on the website.
6. Names of the eligible applicants for all open Board seats shall be presented to the Board.
7. Each currently seated board member shall have one vote for each position to be filled.
Votes must be cast in person.
8. The candidate receiving the highest number of votes in each category shall be elected.
Open Seats: 1 Property Owner within the District Seat
Interested in becoming a TLCBD Board of Directors member?
Click the link above to fill out the application online or download the application above and return to the TLCBD office (512 Ellis Street).
All applications are due by 5pm on December 18th. Thank you.
Questions or to just say hello, click HERE.