TLCBD Clean Team Stats For August 2017
Subscribe to Tenderloin Talk twice-monthly e-newsletter to keep up to date with Clean Team as well as other TLCBD related updates, neighborhood news, and events.
The month of August saw a significant increase in discarded syringes.
In the month of August 2017, Clean Team:
· Properly disposed of 2894 syringes
· Removed 1136 stickers/graffiti from public surfaces
· Properly disposed of and sanitized for 122 instances of human/animal waste
· Responded to 105 instances of illegal dumping
· Collected 1014 bags of trash 35,182 totaling lbs.
· Power washed 233 block faces over the course of 496 hours
To learn more about the Clean Team and how they’re working to make the neighborhood a cleaner, safer place, check out the answers to frequently asked questions below.
FAQs about the Clean Team:
Who are they?
They are former and current neighborhood residents as well as members from other communities.
What do they do?
• Sidewalk and gutter sweeping
• Wiping down of public fixtures
• Deodorizing where applicable
• Scheduled sidewalk pressure washing
• Hot spot pressure washing
• Graffiti and sticker removal on public infrastructure
• Needle pickup and safe removal
When do they operate?
Mon-Sat 7am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm
Where do they operate?
Within the 29 blocks of the TLCBD boundaries, North of Market, South of O’Farrell, West of Mason and East of Larkin. Teams work along four routes to maximize coverage of every block, every day.
How can I get service?
Use our request form or call the Clean Team Hotline 415-385-5490.
Have you noticed a difference in cleanliness on your Tenderloin sidewalks? Does it feel cleaner (we hope so), worse or the same?
To let us know what you think, contact us via online contact form, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the office at (415) 292-4812. Leave a message with contact information and we'll return your call.