One Month In, How’s The Clean Team Doing?
Have you seen the team members from Block by Block in blue or their partners from Downtown Streets Team in gold? Chances are you have, and they’re certainly feeling appreciation for their efforts as they work day in and day out. But we’re always striving to do better.
The Clean Team began operating in the Tenderloin on May 22nd. Read about their arrival here.
In the first month the Clean Team:
Properly disposed of 2475 syringes
Removed 1721 stickers/graffiti from public surfaces
Properly disposed of and sanitized for 63 instances of feces
Collected 937 bags of rubbish Totaling – 31864 lbs.
At our recent Tenderloin Talk Live event on June 14th, neighbors enjoyed a chance to talk directly with and hear from our Clean Team members.
By far, this topic delivered the most enthusiastic conversations. Among the questions asked, people wanted to know what was different from our previous team? Here are some bullet points:
· The new Clean Team is operating 7 days a week.
· Two pressure washer trucks are working daily, one on schedule, the other in response to hot spots.
· Expect scheduled pressure washing to pass your sidewalk once a month with additional service by the hot spot crews. How do you get a hot spot crew to your block?
· THERE’S A HOTLINE!!!! Call the Clean Hotline at 415-385-5490 to report sidewalk conditions which pose a health or safety concern. Or, use our online form here.
Another note that emerged from our Community Conversation was the importance of continuing to catalogue cleaning issues by reporting to 311, either by phone or through the SF 311 app. These reports are used to allocate funds to different districts in order to alleviate the area’s cleaning needs.
FAQs about the Clean Team:
Who are they?
They are former and current neighborhood residents as well as members from other communities.
What do they do?
• Sidewalk and gutter sweeping
• Wiping down of public fixtures
• Deodorizing where applicable
• Scheduled sidewalk pressure washing
• Hot spot pressure washing
• Graffiti and sticker removal on public infrastructure
• Needle pickup and safe removal
When do they operate?
Mon-Sat 7am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm
Where do they operate?
Within the 29 blocks of the TLCBD boundaries, North of Market, South of O’Farrell, West of Mason and East of Larkin. Teams work along four routes to maximize coverage of every block, every day.
How can I get service?
Use our request form or call the Clean Team Hotline 415-385-5490.
Have you noticed a difference in cleanliness on your Tenderloin sidewalks? Does it feel cleaner (we hope so), worse or the same?
To let us know what you think, contact us via online contact form, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the office at (415) 292-4812. Leave a message with contact information and we'll return your call.